Today I am linking up with Suggestions Salon and Jessica to bring you this Vintage Wave tutorial! I think every girl should know how to get this lovely old glam look! Enjoy!!
- Start with your hair freshly blowdryed and find a good side part. This wave is not as noticable and pretty when done with a middle part.
- Start with curling the section right above your ear. Use a 1″ barrel curling iron and spray each strand with Wax blast by Redken. 1″ may seem small to you but it’s the best way to achieve the vintage look!
- For steps 3, 4 and 5, you want to do the exact same thing right one right next to the other. Wrap curl the hair forward toward your face.
- Next switch sides and repeat. Do one curl after the other in the exact same pattern. You’ll start to notice a sort of tight curl happening.
- Once the curls are in place, spray with a firm holding hairspray. I like to spray after so the hairspray sits on top of the hair.
- After everything cools, take the fine side of your comb and start combing through the curls. As you comb around the entire head, the curl pattern will start to join together.
- If you’ve curled all your sections the exact same way right next to each other, you’ll start to see a pretty pattern form as you’re combing.
- Give it one last spray of hairspray and enjoy your vintage waves!
If you have a little extra time you can use clips to make the curls last longer! Follow all the steps above but clip each curl in place and let sit for 15 mins before you comb out the waves. This will give it a tighter longer lasting result!
The winner for the Target Gift Card Giveaway is Katie Hanson! Email email@example.com to claim the prize! Thanks so much for all those who participated in the giveaway! Have an amzing weekend! Thanks for stopping by!